
DAMASCUS, Jan. 20 -- At least 3,000 people have been killed in Russian airstrikes in Syria since Sept. 30 of last year, a Syrian monitor group reported on Wednesday.
The airstrikes killed a total of 1,015 civilians, including 238 children under 18, 640 men and 137 women, said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
Additionally, the UK-based monitoring group said the strikes killed 893 militants with the Islamic State (IS) group and 1,141 others from various jihadi groups, including the al-Qaida-linked Nusra Front.
The officials in Syria or Russia have yet to comment on the death toll.
The Russian air force has been backing the Syrian ground force with airstrikes since last September.
Government officials in Syria said the strikes were effective in curbing the expansion of the radical groups in the war-torn country.
PLA holds joint air-ground military drill
Charming female soldiers on Xisha Islands
Beautiful skiers wear shorts in snow
Getting close to the crew on China's aircraft carrier
Chinese stewardess celebrate test flight at Nansha Islands
World's first 'underwater skyscraper'
Pentagonal Mart becomes the largest vacant building in Shanghai
"Rent me as your girlfriend!"
A beauty's dancing youth
Top 20 hottest women in the world in 2014
Top 10 hardest languages to learn
10 Chinese female stars with most beautiful faces
China’s Top 10 Unique Bridges, Highways and Roads
Xi arrival shows commitment to Mideast
Chinese firm aims to build ‘world’s largest cloning factory’
Qinghai Lake aircraft ban reveals risky trend in wildlife photography
Foreigners flock to China for cancer, chronic disease treatmentsDay|Week